The financial assistance guide below is for anyone who has been prescribed gammaCore by their healthcare provider. gammaCore is a non-drug treatment that provides vagus nerve stimulation to help block the pain signals that cause migraine and cluster attacks. It’s approved for adults living with migraine disease and cluster disease. If you or someone you know requires help with paying for treatment, review the details provided below to see if you qualify for the manufacturer’s financial assistance program.
Please note: This guide has not been produced or approved by the manufacturer of gammaCore. CHAMP does not endorse the use of any treatment over another, nor promote the use of this treatment for everyone living with migraine disease. Please consult your healthcare providers to determine if gamaCore is right for you.
I Have Been Prescribed gammaCore. What Financial Assistance Programs Exits To Help Me?
Find your insurance coverage and see what Financial Assistance Programs exist to help.
I Have a Private/Commercial Insurance Plan
This category includes insurance plans provided through an employer, purchased with subsidy support from the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) or purchased privately.
Steps to Receive Co-Pay Assist Savings Offer
I Have Medicare, Medicaid or other Government Insurance Plan
At this time electroCore does not have a financial assistance program for those with Medicare, Medicaid or other government insurance plans.
Veterans associated with a VA facility
gammaCore is available at no cost to the veteran since the device is contracted on the Federal Supply Schedule. A VA health care provider should submit an order for gammaCore to their facility’s prosthetics department who will process and submit a PO by fax to electroCore. Please call 1-888-903-2673 for more information.
Active military personnel associated with a military treatment facility (MTF)
gammaCore is available at no cost to the active duty military member since the device is contracted on the Federal Supply Schedule and DAPA. A MTF health care provider should submit an order through DMLSS. Please call 1-888-903-2673 for more information.
I Am Uninsured
For those without commercial insurance, electroCore has a Co-pay Assist program. Through Co-pay Assist, qualified patients may be eligible to receive co-pay assistance of up to $300 on the first month and up to $250 for each following month for a maximum of 12 months. To learn more go to: gammaCore.com/patient-support.
Where Do I Turn If I need More Help?
The Patient Advocate Foundation (a CHAMP participant organization) can be a helpful resource for patients and caregivers who are experiencing access challenges. PAF provides a suite of expert tips to help navigate insurance denials, appeals and common barriers at: patientadvocate.org/migrainematters.
PAF also offers one-on-one case management assistance through its dedicated Migraine Careline for people living with migraine who experience access challenges. The Migraine Careline provides assistance with: navigating eligibility and enrollment in disability benefits; overcoming insurance coverage; and financial burdens that impact patient access to care.
All services are completely free and provided through phone and/or email communication. Visit migraine.pafcareline.org or call 866-688-3625 to speak with a case manager today.
- gammaCore™, gammaCore Shapphire™
- For acute treatment of migraine disease: self-administer 2, two-minute gammaCore™ (nVNS) stimulations applied at the onset of pain or symptoms. Stimulations may be placed on either side of the neck at the correct treatment location and positioning on the neck to activate the vagus nerve. This treatment can be repeated at 20-minutes and 2-hours from start of first treatment if symptoms remain.
For adjunctive use for the preventive treatment of cluster disease: two self-administered treatments (morning and night) consisting of 3, consecutive two-minute stimulations should be applied daily.
For acute treatment of episodic cluster disease: self-administered, 3, two-minute stimulations applied consecutively at the onset of cluster disease pain or symptoms followed by an additional 3, two-minute stimulations if pain persists.
Your doctor can help you with the proper administration and positioning. Additional details on administration can be found on the full prescribing information at https://www.gammacore.com/wp-content/themes/gammacore-p2/pdf/gammacore_IFU.pdf or by speaking with a gammaCARE Specialist at 1-844-632-9264, Monday-Friday, 8 AM – 8 PM ET.
Full Prescribing Information
- Adults living with either chronic migraine disease (15 or more headache days per month) or episodic migraine disease (fewer than 15 headache days per month) for acute treatment.Adults living with cluster headache for preventive treatment and adults living with episodic cluster headache disease for acute treatment.
- The gammaCARE team can be reached at 1-844-632-9264, Monday-Friday, 8 am-8 pm ET or text JOIN to 75686 to receive information about migraine disease, gammaCore™, insurance support, refill reminders and more.
Administration Training Available
- Yes, training on how to use gammaCore™ from a trained Care Specialist is available at 1-844-632-9264, Monday – Friday, 8 am-8 pm ET
Home Delivery Available
- Yes, your prescription is sent to a specialty pharmacy partner that schedules direct delivery to your home.