Registration for RetreatMigaine is now closed.
April 12-14, 2019
Embassy Suites, San Antonio Brooks Hotel & Spa
San Antonio, Texas
Connecting Experiencing Healing
RetreatMigraine is a conference led by and focused on people living with migraine disease.
The retreat will provide support, community, disease and treatment education, advocacy training, and complementary therapy experiences.
RetreatMigraine is a
for those living with migraine disease
Led by fellow migraine community members, the retreat will provide disease and treatment education, advocacy training, and complementary therapy experiences.
At RetreatMigraine, our goal is to support and strengthen our community from the inside out.
RetreatMigraine will begin on Friday, April 12 at 3:00 PM CT and end on Sunday, April 14 at 2:00 PM CT. There will be a shuttle from the airport to the hotel to accommodate many people arriving and leaving on those dates. We will post more information about the shuttle soon.
Below is a draft of the topics that we hope to present. This is subject to change, but most are firm. We will update everyone with a more concrete agenda as soon as possible. Sessions may include:
- Mental Health
- Tai Chi
- Group Walks
- CHAMP Member Introductions
- Panel Discussion with Patients and Pharmaceutical Representatives
- Invisible Project Launch Party
- Telling Your Story Workshop
- Patient Experiences
- Patient and Caregiver Support Groups
- Treatment Option Update/Emerging Treatments
- Treatment Expo
- Complementary Therapies
- Insurance Issues
- Filing for Disability
- Self Compassion/Mindfulness
- Creating an Emergency Kit
- ER Planning
- Planning for Your First Doctor’s Appointment
- ARMR & Clinical Trials
- Pajama Party
- Out of My Head Screenings
- Advocacy Panel
- General Q&A
- Learn ways to better manage your migraine disease
- Build relationships with other people living with migraine
- Understand the importance of combating stigma
- Experience a broad range of complementary therapies including yoga, meditation, social support, massage, salt cave immersion, and other
- Discover different ways to advocate and how to put your story into action
- Relax in the Art & Crafts Therapy Room
- This event is designed to be migraine-friendly: fragrance free, accommodating lighting, and diverse food options.
- 3 days, 2 nights (double occupancy)
Welcome amenities & salt cave spa experience
- All meals, with migraine-friendly options
- Airport shuttle service
- Opportunities to relax, rest or spend time with others
The registration fees will be as follows:
Migraine Patient (double occupancy) - $100 per person
Migraine Caregiver (double occupancy) - $200 per person
Migraine Patient (single occupancy) - $300 per person
Registration for the retreat will include two nights of lodging at the event hotel, transportation to and from the airport*, all meals, and all experiences** in the RetreatMigraine program.
Travel scholarships will be available and the application for these will be part of the registration process.
RetreatMigraine is the patient community taking charge of our disease.
We will discuss how to best manage migraine and call on society to treat us with the respect, empathy, and support we deserve.
The retreat will be experiential and celebratory, making social connections and empowering advocacy efforts that will endure for years to come.