November 6-8, 2020
Redondo Beach and Marina,
Los Angeles, California
Registration Lottery Is Now Closed.
See our Incredible 2020 Sponsors!
Postponement of Live Event & Addition of Webinars
The RetreatMigraine planning team has made the difficult decision to postpone RetreatMigraine 2020 until later this year. The event is rescheduled for the same hotel (Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach) on November 6-8, 2020*. We are now also planning to offer some online content during the original weekend of April 17-19.
The health of the migraine community is our top priority. Covid-19 has continued to spread and health leaders are calling for suspension of large public gatherings to help flatten the curve of disease spread and give the health system a better chance to effectively treat those who become infected and need medical care. As an organization committed to improving public health, we feel it is our responsibility to postpone RetreatMigraine 2020.
We realize this postponement is not welcome news and we appreciate your enthusiasm for RetreatMigraine. We are pretty devastated as well. Despite this setback, we continue to be an amazing community and our RetreatMigraine 2020 Facebook group will remain open to attendees.
We encourage you to stay active in all the migraine social media communities, so our digital bonds help to bridge us through this period of increased social distancing.
What Does This Mean For Registered Attendees Of RetreatMigraine 2020?
We are committed to minimizing the negative financial impact of this postponement on our registered attendees.
- If you want to maintain your registered spot in RetreatMigraine 2020 for Nov 6-8, you don’t need to take any action. We will roll your registration over to the rescheduled event.
- You can cancel and request a 100% refund any time between now and September 6, and then cancel and request a 50% refund until October 6.**
- Most airlines currently have flexible trip cancellation policies, so please work directly with your travel provider to get your travel expenses refunded or credited.
- If you have been awarded a travel scholarship and you encounter difficulties in getting your travel expenses refunded or credited, let us know and we will work with you on a case-by-case basis to minimize the financial impact.
Webinars During April 17-19
We will be providing some online content during the three days that had originally been planned for RetreatMigraine 2020. We are working out the details and will share more information about this in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, we encourage all of you to continue your migraine learning by watching the online Migraine World Summit, with free daily video expert interviews available from March 18 through March 26. (If you are not able to watch live, there is also the option to purchase lifetime access to all the 2020 interviews, transcripts and other helpful resources.)
Stay tuned for RetreatMigraine updates in the coming days, weeks and months. If you have any questions or concerns, email Retreat Director Eileen Brewer at email@example.com. We welcome communication, but please be patient as we are experiencing a high volume of emails at this time. We are responding as quickly as we can.
Eileen & Kevin
*We know this new RetreatMigraine weekend (Nov 6-8) unfortunately overlaps with Miles for Migraine Connection Days in Boston and Cleveland. We are working collaboratively with Miles for Migraine to ensure all events are successful and well attended.
**Keep in mind that there are still people on the waitlist, so please be respectful with cancellation. If you cannot attend, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer the spot to someone waiting.
What is RetreatMigraine?
RetreatMigraine is a conference specially designed for people living with migraine disease.
The goal is to support and strengthen our community from the inside out. Sessions will provide disease and treatment education, advocacy training, and complementary therapy experiences.
This second annual event, organized by the members of CHAMP, will be experiential and educational - making social connections and empowering advocacy efforts that will endure for years to come.
Registration Lottery Now Closed.
- 2 nights lodging at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach (not included for local registrants)
- One breakfast
- One brunch
- One lunch
- One dinner
- Access to all programming
- Airport shuttle (LAX)
- $100 local patient or caregiver (does not include lodging)
- $200 patient (double occupancy)
- $400 patient and caregiver (shared occupancy)
- $400 patient (single occupancy)
This event is designed to be migraine-friendly: fragrance free, noise controlled, accommodating lighting, and diverse food options.
- Participate in interactive sessions led by members of CHAMP, patient opinion leaders, and leading experts
- Learn ways to better manage your migraine disease
- Build relationships with others living with migraine
- Understand the importance of combating stigma and ways you can make a difference
- Experience a broad range of complementary therapies including yoga, meditation and social support
- Discover a multitude of ways to advocate and how to put your story into action
- Art & Crafts Therapy Room
- Optional Support Group Sessions
- This event is designed to be migraine-friendly: fragrance free, accommodating lighting, and diverse food options