Trigeminal neuralgia is a condition characterized by pain coming from the trigeminal nerve, which affects the face — most commonly one side of the jaw or cheek. It is often described as stabbing, lancinating or electrical in sensation and so severe that the affected person cannot eat or drink.
Learn more by visiting the Facial Pain Association.
What is Ciitizen?
Ciitizen is a free service that helps patients get more out of their health records. The Ciitizen platform gathers and organizes patient health records (with patient consent), making it easier for patients to have all their medical information in one place. The de-identified information is also shared with researchers, helping them to better understand the patient journey and work to bring new therapies to market.
What’s in it for me?
- You will have access to ALL your medical records and a health summary in a central place and at no cost to you.
- Ease of access to all your medical records can simplify and speed up getting medical second opinions.
- Your data history can help you understand your condition better and provide critical information for future clinical trials. With only 10 minutes of your time, you can help accelerate the development of future treatments for your condition.
How does it work?
- In about 10-minutes you can sign up and choose to consent and share your de-identified health data with researchers. Make sure to have your driver’s license or passport, phone, and a list of institutions/providers where you have received health care.
- Your authorization allows Ciitizen to request raw records from all your healthcare providers at no cost to you.
- Ciitizen receives and structures (via combination of machine learning and human annotators) your medical records into computable, digital, and relevant datasets.
- You receive a powerful health summary AND researchers receive de-identified data to accelerate learning and potentially develop new treatments.
- Reach out to email@example.com for questions and more information.
Learn more about how Ciitizen protects your privacy and security.
Join us at the next SUNCT/SUNA and Trigeminal Neuralgia Virtual Town Hall
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
About Praxis Precision Medicines
CHAMP is partnering with Praxis Precision Medicines, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company translating genetic insights into the development of therapies for patients affected by central nervous system disorders characterized by neuronal imbalance. Praxis is working to better understand the SUNCT/SUNA and Trigeminal Neuralgia patient journeys as they work to develop potential new therapies.